Cry for Help
LikeTheDew.com is looking for some smart and resourceful people to work in a convivial virtual environment helping to deliver enlightened perspectives on progressive Southern culture and politics. Positions are part time, for no pay, but include the benefit of knowing you are a part of something trying to make a difference.
- Community Engagement Manager: moderate comments, engage readers and poke around the site making sure everything is as it should be. Email: [email protected].
- Author Relationship Director: reach out to new writers, contact writers who aren’t, set up and update author profiles, communicate with guest writers and manage creative commons relationships. Email: [email protected].
- Social Marketing Guru: plan, manage, post and engage the Dew’s followers all over the web. Email: [email protected].
- Web Research Executive: spend your leisure hours searching the web, finding important stories and videos, and sharing them with our readers: Email: [email protected].
- Dew Business Manager: plan and run our non-commercial, almost no revenue except from the donation of our readers, business. Email: [email protected].
- Editorial Comrades: read, prep, art direct and post stories. We really need some help. Email: [email protected].
Right now, the Dew is just three volunteers who work 24/7/365. We have reached the limit of what we can dew and really need help. We have to get better organized and none of us are any good at that. If you have some time, we would really love to hear from you.
Photo: Licensed by LikeTheDew.com from iStock.com © DNY59
I’m just a plateaued-out plain person with too much time on his hands fighting the never ending lingual battle with windmills for truth, justice and the American way or something like that. Here are some reader comments on my writing: “Enough with the cynicism. One doesn’t have to be Pollyanna to reject the sky is falling fatalism of Lee Leslie’s posts.” “You moron.” “Again, another example of your simple-minded, scare-mongering, label-baiting method of argumentation that supports the angry left’s position.” “Ah, Lee, you traffic in the most predictable, hackneyed leftist rhetoric that brought us to the current state of political leadership.” “You negative SOB! You destroyed all my hope, aspiration, desperation, even.” “Don’t you LIBERALS realize what this COMMIE is talking about is SOCIALISM?!?!?!” “Thank you for wonderful nasty artful toxic antidote to this stupidity in the name of individual rights.” “I trust you meant “bastard” in the truest father-less sense of the word.” “That’s the first time I ran out of breath just from reading!” “You helped me hold my head a little higher today.” “Makes me cry every time I read it.” “Thanks for the article. I needed something to make me laugh this mourning.” “If it weren’t so sad I would laugh.” "... the man who for fun and personal growth (not to mention rage assuagion) can skin a whale of bullshit and rack all the meat (and rot) in the larder replete with charts and graphs and a kindness..."“Amen, brother.”