Indiana senatorial candidate Richard Mourdock was right when he suggested God condones rape — according to the Old Testament Bible. The lord of the Old Testament also orders the killing of women and children in this instance, except for virgin girls, who should be taken and raped.
Numbers 31: 17-18
Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.
However, we must be fair and point out that God also demands abortion and the violent deaths of babies, according to the Old Testament of the Bible:
The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed into the ground, their pregnant women ripped open.
That being said, Jesus’ only commandments were simply to love yourself and love your neighbor as yourself. Jesus clearly says to love yourself with your mind. The original Hebrew word that the English word “mind” replaced was dianoia, defined by the Greek’s Strong Dictionary as “thoughts; to use thorough reasoning skills to reach balanced conclusions.”
Hence, Jesus would tell all people to love themselves by thinking for themselves and to choose for themselves what they feel is best and right for themselves. Jesus would be an advocate for pro-choice.
Jesus’s Lost Commandments
- “Love Yourself (Jesus perceived the concept of God as the spirit/energy dwelling within a person) with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength” (Mark 12:30), (Matthew 22:37)
- “Love your neighbor as yourself” (Mark 12:31) (Matthew 22:39)
- “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” (Matthew 7:12)
- “Love one another” (John 13:34-35)
- “Love each other” (John 15:12, 17)