We are non-commercial, all volunteer and supported by our readers. Please help sustain the Dew by making a donation.
Number of posts: 46
Email address: email
Subscribe to my RSS Feed: http://likethedew.com/author/Like The Dew Staff/feed/
Posts by LikeTheDew:
- To Get Our Economy Back Hold Cheaters, Fraudsters And Exploiters Accountable.
- Redefining Chutzpah: More Bad Ideas to Burden Women.
- A Commercial, Sandwiched Between Lines of Dialogue on Hawaii Five-0
- Reconciling cities with water scarcity.
- How the U.S. Lost Out on iPhone Work.
- “If You Thought SOPA Was Bad, Just Wait Until You Meet ACTA
- K Street’s Boom Goes Bust
- After the Nuclear Disaster, Japan Considers a Green Future.
- Arctic Temperatures Continue Rapid Rise as 2011 Breaks Record Set in 2010.
- After Bankrolling SC Victory, Adelson Family To Give Another $5 Million To Pro-Gingrich SuperPAC.
- Analysis: With Gingrich win, GOP can’t avoid wrenching and perhaps prolonged nomination fight.
- Live-Blogging The South Carolina Results.
- Opening Newt’s Marriage.
- Justice Scalia On Unlimited Political Ads: Turn Off The TV.
- Apple’s textbooks for 1-percenters will leave most children behind.
- Growing Up: The Skyline & The City.
- The New American Divide.
- For Aspiring Editors.
- VICTORY for Higher Ground Empowerment Center! BB&T Bank does the right thing.
- The Rise of the New Groupthink.
- America is drunk.
- Why Mitt Romney’s Tax Rate Matters.
- This week in the War on Women: 2011 was a hell of a year. Will 2012 be better?
- The energy playing field is more unbalanced than ever.
- Romney versus Obama: A tale of two capitalists.
- Occupy Wall Street joins Occupy The Dream: Is It Cooptation, or Growing the Movement?
- Art Pope’s money drives NC legislature’s anti-environmental turn.
- Voter ID cases could test Voting Rights Act.
- Asymptote Journal.
- Americans Clueless Paying Wall Street $20 Billion for Swaps.
- Quote on MLK memorial will be changed.
- Rep. Lamar Smith removes key provision from SOPA.
- Big Ideas for Small Business.
- Issue Pulse: Is the Economy Improving?
- Underwater Homeowners May Swim Freely.
- New Minimum Standards for Sex Education: Progress or Retreat?
- Overheard on the Goldman Sachs Elevator.
- DOJ urges judge to side with plaintiff in Baltimore police taping case.
- NY Times Public Editor Asks If Paper Should Publish Uncorrected Lies or Be a “Truth Vigilante.” Seriously.
- New York Times public editor says people misinterpreted his ridiculous question.
- Fungicide in orange juice: What’s next?
- 30 Statistics That Show The Middle Class Is Dying Right In Front Of Our Eyes.
- Column: Why you don’t really have free will.
- Did Psychopaths Take Over Wall Street Asylum?
- Yearly Review.
- How to be a dictator.
- Flying Robots Build A Tower Near Paris.
- Is E-Voting Ready for 2012?
- The Top 10 Numbers of 2011.
- Iowa GOP has one set of election rules for itself; but doesn’t want them for the general public.
- Brother, Can You Spare a Tofutti Cutie?
- The arrival of commodore perry brings civil war.
- The American Scholar.
- Modeled Behavior.
- California Is A Place.
- Revolt of the Elites.
- The effect of ‘Americans Elect’.
- Will Google, Amazon, and Facebook Black Out the Net?
- To Do What is Right and Just.
- Top MuckReads of 2011: Domestic Surveillance, Shell Companies and College Sports Corruption.
- Seven Economic Policy Goals For Progressives In 2012.
- Big Consequences From Small Trade Deals.
- Religious Sex-Toy Sites Vow to Save Marriages.
- Are Metro Jacksonville’s Days Numbered?
- Riding Israel: A Tragicomedy.
- When a Child Is Abused by a War Veteran.
- In Washington area, African American students suspended and expelled two to five times as often as whites.
- How to Make a Feature Film With Your Cell Phone.
- Nullification Makes a Comeback.
- What’s Happening In Virginia? Republicans Require Voters To Sign Loyalty Oath To Vote And So Much More.
- The 10 Dumbest, Most Offensive Political Ads in Recent Memory.
- Keynes Was Right.
- 2011-2012 Bowl Game Schedule – College Football Bowl Schedules.
- Abortion, LGBT And Immigration Measures Set To Take Effect In 2012.
- On Eve of Net Boycott, Dump GoDaddy Exodus Begins.
- Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton Again Top Most Admired List.
- The First Amendment Upside Down. Why We Must Occupy Democracy.
- America is Now More Vulnerable than at any Time in History.
- Occupy Wall Street: X-mas Carols.
- Privacy Group Sues DHS Over Social Media Monitoring Program.
- The Book of Books: What Literature Owes the Bible.
- Obama Again Unconstitutionally Claims Unconstitutional War Powers in a Signing Statement.
- Tomgram: Rebecca Solnit, Occupy Your Heart.
- A $2.5 Million Libel Judgment Brings the Question: Are Bloggers Journalists?
- 2012 will bring the appification of media.
- We need to improve tech criticism. Here’s how.
- The social media bubble may burst, and predictions for 2012.
- A look back at my 2011 predictions, along with a fresh batch for 2012.
- 2012 will be the year of the content-controller oligopoly.
- For journalism’s future, the killer app is credibility.
- 2012 will be a year of expanded “network sensibility”.
- 2012 will bring “the great retrenchment” among newspaper publishers.
- Collaboration! Data! 2012 will see news outlets turning talk into action.
- From a dropped paywall to a social media Pulitzer, expect a year of transformation.
- Curation and amplification will become much more sophisticated in 2012.
- Amazon conquers, Patch dies, a Facebook-only outlet is born…and more predictions for 2012.
- LA is the future (kill me now).
- In the coming year, social media journalists will #Occupythenews.
- Next year, Kindles, iPhones, and tablets will truly grow up.
- Next year, personalization platforms will bring us more choices, not fewer.
- Supervillain or Newt.
- The Company Ron Paul Keeps.
- Vaclav Havel’s Dissident Criticism.
- Stripped down as you’ve never seen her.
- Two Concepts of Liberty.
- How Freedom Became Tyranny.
- Roman Empire More Equal than the United States.
- The White Rose Society, first leaflet.
- Newt’s Nudes
- Des Moines Register Endorses Mitt Romney for Leading Health Reform Similar to Obamacare.
- Occupy Love.
- Sending some hope.
- DewTube Slider
- Our Brick Wall
- Fewer Photos on our Home Page
- Guest Columns
- Our Future Plans
- A Note to our Writers
- A Note to our Readers
Over the last few weeks, we’ve made a few changes on our home page and on the site. Here’s an update:
During the past couple of weeks, LikeTheDew.com has come under increasing attacks from spammers registering on our site and attempting to post malicious code. While the site is secure, the bombardment, over 20,000 attempts yesterday, is quite a nuisance (we get an email each time there is a registration).
You may notice some additional levels of security on the site. We regret they are necessary, but attacks are part of being successful enough to be noticed by cyber vandals (tempted to write something nasty, but don’t wish to provoke them further). You will also notice that, at least temporarily, registration via social media sites (facebook, twitter, google, etc.) is no longer allowed.
All to say, new registration may be suspended for time to time as we do battle. If you wish register and have difficulty or find that registration is not available, please email: email@example.com and we will set up your account. Note on new registrations: if you wish to register and submit a story, please let us know so we can properly set up your account.
Today, we did something that feels terribly wrong, but for good reason: we suspended the comment privileges of someone on the Dew for violating our published rules of civility.
Free speech and the right to disagree are held sacred here. So are honesty, transparency and civility. The commenter was warned numerous times, and for whatever reasons, refused to comply or even respond to our requests for dialog. In almost two years, we have never banned anyone else. You may have known him as “Bob Tetley,” “Francois Lipton,” or the most recent incarnation of “Brenden.”
Click to view our complete collection of DewTubes – fresh most days.Want to share a video? Send a link to: Webfairy@likethedew.com. Watch videos at Vodpod and more of our videos
Click to view the complete funnies collection of videos collected by the Dew – fresh most days.Want to share a video? Send a link to: Webfairy@likethedew.com.
Click to view the complete hospitality collection of videos collected by the Dew – fresh most days.Want to share a video? Send a link to: Webfairy@likethedew.com.
Click to view the complete life collection of videos collected by the Dew – fresh most days.Want to share a video? Send a link to: Webfairy@likethedew.com.
Click to view more DewTubes – fresh most days
Click to view the complete news collection of videos collected by the Dew – fresh most days.Want to share a video? Send a link to: Webfairy@likethedew.com.
Click to view the complete people and places collection of videos collected by the Dew – fresh most days.Want to share a video? Send a link to: Webfairy@likethedew.com.