- Important: All passwords were reset on 06/15/11. Old passwords will no longer work. Click here to retrieve your password.
- Subscribe to Our Free Dewsletter
We are non-commercial, all volunteer and supported by our readers. Please help sustain the Dew by making a donation.
Candidate Mourdock is Right — If You Believe the Old Testament God
Indiana senatorial candidate Richard Mourdock was right when he suggested God condones rape — according to the Old Testament Bible. The lord of the Old Testament also orders the killing of women and children in this instance, except for virgin girls, who should be taken and raped.
Numbers 31: 17-18
Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.
However, we must be fair and point out that God also demands abortion and the violent deaths of babies, according to the Old Testament of the Bible:
The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed into the ground, their pregnant women ripped open.
That being said, Jesus’ only commandments were simply to love yourself and love your neighbor as yourself. Jesus clearly says to love yourself with your mind. The original Hebrew word that the English word “mind” replaced was dianoia, defined by the Greek’s Strong Dictionary as “thoughts; to use thorough reasoning skills to reach balanced conclusions.”
Hence, Jesus would tell all people to love themselves by thinking for themselves and to choose for themselves what they feel is best and right for themselves. Jesus would be an advocate for pro-choice.
Jesus’s Lost Commandments
- “Love Yourself (Jesus perceived the concept of God as the spirit/energy dwelling within a person) with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength” (Mark 12:30), (Matthew 22:37)
- “Love your neighbor as yourself” (Mark 12:31) (Matthew 22:39)
- “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you” (Matthew 7:12)
- “Love one another” (John 13:34-35)
- “Love each other” (John 15:12, 17)
- Editor's Note: This story came to the Dew from a "Pay for Performance PR Firm" (Ginny Grimsley; National Print Campaign Manager; News and Experts; 3748 Turman Loop #101; Wesley Chapel, FL 33544; Tel: 727-443-7115, Extension 207; www.newsandexperts.com). We seldom run stuff that is sent to us (and tell you when we do), but believed it topical, relevant, interesting, provocative and that sort of thing. We don't know who is paying them, but presume it is Mr. Dawkins or his publisher. Image credit: In God We Trust licensed by LikeTheDew.com at Dreamstime.com
Worthy of Comment
Also on the Dew
In business school there is little ambiguity as to the mission, money ... profits. In art school it's a little different. The one I went to required focus, after a year of fundamentals, on one of several options: Advertising, Illustration, Industrial Design (all, you'll note, with the same point as business school) or Fine Art. Within the Fine Arts, by year three, one selected a major: painting, sculpture or printmaking. Of course everyone knew that “fine art” was a commodity, but it was considered crass to dwell too much on that area. So what, if not money, was the point? Wel Read on →
An open letter to my elected, so-called representatives This present Australian Government is trotting dog-like down the path to destruction behind its conservative counterparts in the US and elsewhere, bent on transforming us into a society where the environment, the economy and the national social conscience are left to the tender mercies of the free market and corporate “self-regulation”. Already under threat from human-induced climate change, the Great Barrier Reef now faces the added burden of an assault by coal producers. The hard won – and publicly supported – World Heritage areas of Tasmania are facing fragmentation, and for no appreciable economic benefit Read on →
What would winning the War in Afghanistan look like? America has been at war there for 13 years and you would expect that after thousands of casualties and spending immense sums of our tax dollars something that could be deemed victory would have been achieved by now. Instead of that we are presented with soon to be retiring Rep. Howard P. ‘Buck’ McKeon, Chair of the House Armed Services Committee, chiding the America people and President Obama for not wanting to keep fighting the longest war in our history. In a February 24th speech to National Press Club the California Rep Read on →
Instead of naming their new subdivisions the Dune Cottages, the Ocean Forest Cottages and the Riverside Cottages and then running their Dune Avenue down the Sea Island Spit, where the Loggerhead Turtles nest and 144 species of birds come to rest, making reference to the sea of effluent on which their cottages sit would be more honest, but it wouldn't attract many new buyers for Sea Island Coastal Properties' million dollar lots, would it? And it probably wouldn't please the realtors trying to move the 29 extant mansions in the million dollar plus range (For anyone looking to pay less for Read on →