His stash of cash, mostly. Why? It goes with the territory. Obsessive accumulators hide things. Squirrels do it; pack rats do it; and so do the bees in their hives. Hoarding and hiding are like that proverbial horse and carriage.
1) Mitt Romney refuses to release multiple years of taxes, ignoring decades of precedent.
2) He won’t disclose his “bundlers,” the people raising millions for his campaign.
3) He is the sole owner of a questionable shell corporation in Bermuda.
4) Until recently, Romney kept cash in a Swiss bank account.
5) According to the Globe, he hasn’t been honest about when he was running Bain Capital, even though legal documents refute his claims.
It may just be a quirk of his personality, this secrecy thing. Or maybe he’s a secret sharer, a year-round secret Santa. More likely, Willard’s penchant for making things disappear are like the magician’s tricks keep the audience’s attention fixed.
So, what is it we’re not supposed to notice while the press serves up this kerfuffle that is Willard Mitt? My guess would be all the House and Senate seats Republicans aim to retain and claim so their agenda to deplete the public purse can be achieved.
Why would they want to do that? Well, the American people need to be punished and they need to be taught who’s boss. This government BY the people thing, a notion that’s catching on from Bolivia to Tunisia and beyond, has to be stopped. People need to be ruled by people who know what’s good for them, whether they like it or not. If they have to be tricked into voting right, so be it. The Tea Party diversion worked in 2010. Why not Willard with his disappearing act in 2012?